Mar 15, 2014




  • Kim called the meeting to order. 
  • Kim will send an e-mail with the dates (months) taken for the 2014 meetings. Currently there aren’t any meetings or locations reserved for April or May.
  • Members would like a meeting at Willamette Valley Winery. Gary and Shari will connect on this and work on having a future meeting there.
  • We will also work on having a winemaker at a future meeting. Scott will follow up on having a meeting at a winemaker’s place.
  • Judy and Bob expressed interest in hosting August meeting if Chris Estrada isn't. Kathy and Terri also expressed interest for August hosting. Kim will e-mail Chris’ son to see if he is interested in hosting for August.
  • A check will be sent to Chemeketa Community College for the fall semester.
  • Kim will follow up with Ivan on the benefactors of previous recipients.  The recipients could have a year membership in the club.
  • Wine Competition:  Gary will coordinate, and Chris Coon and Scott Garvey will assist. The Portland club thought our wine competition was better than the State Fair.

-By May, we will need to have the posters completed and secure the judges. Kim will do the poster.

-Need to check with Steve about having a future meeting at Eola Hills. Kim will follow-up with Ann and Steve at Eola.

  • Patrick McElligott could come to a meeting at 5:30 p.m. and talk about tastings.
  • We discussed discounts for WVAWS meetings. Members should be able to get 20% at Eola Hills and Willamette Valley. Some of the WVAWS members may have membership cards to show at the wineries in order to get the discounts.
  • Kim will contact Victor P. from the Statesman Journal about wine competition.